Dense, Moist, mocha chocolate brownies topped with espresso cheesecake make these Mocha Cheesecake Brownies an amazing treat.
When I was a grad student, there was an eclectic restaurant near campus that served healthy food before healthy food was in vogue. It was the one place in town where you’d see hippies and yuppies interacting peacefully (or at all really).
I loved the food there – except dessert. All their desserts were “healthy” so no sugar, little fat and, quite frankly, no flavor.
If you’re going to eat dessert, you should indulge, right? Sugar-free, fat-free and healthy aren’t words I want associated with my desserts.
So how do these gluten free mocha cheesecake brownies fare? I was surprised by how moist they turned out.
The brownie is not too sweet so if you like a sweeter brownie, you might want to use sweetened chocolate instead of the unsweetened. The espresso in the cheesecake layer really goes well with the brownie. My students loved them. There were none left after class.
Living in a third world country really changed my perspectives on fair trade. The difference in price is really not as much of a burden for us as it is a benefit for the people struggling to survive. I know what it’s like to struggle as a single mom with three kids trying to survive on a teacher’s salary but that’s nothing compared to life for most of the World’s poor.
This is why I chose to support Fair Trade USA in the #FairMoments campaign. Its goal is to show how everyday moments can have a worldwide impact when you choose Fair Trade products. See how your #FairMoments add up by going to FairMoments.org, and show them the difference you’re making in your own #FairMoments photos!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 unsweetened organic chocolate Bar (4 ounces)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Espresso
- ¾ cup honey
- 5 eggs
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 2 tablespoons Espresso
- 1 egg
- Grease an 8 x 8” or 9 x 13” pan.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl. Add coconut oil and espresso. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Mix coconut flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture, eggs, and honey. Pour into prepared pan.
- Blend the egg into the cream cheese and then add the Espresso. Pour over top of brownie mixture. If desired, use a knife to swirl into brownie mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes if using an 8 x8” pan or 35 minutes for a 9 X 13” pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is provided as a guide only. Please consult a dietician for specific dietary needs.