Peppermint Oreo stuffed brownies topped white chocolate peppermint bark start with a mix so they whip up in no time.
I love our local grocery store, HEB. They have great selection, the lowest prices in town, and they give so much back to the community. Folks from outside Texas always ponder why we’d have a grocery chain with such a strange name. The founder’s name was Harry E. Butt so when they expanded beyond the original store, they went with his initials instead of Harry Butt Groceries.
A few weeks ago I was perusing the aisles when I came across HEB brand peppermint oreos at half price. Who can resist peppermint Oreos at $1.50 a box?
The last couple of weeks have been really busy for me. Things are picking up at work. I’m trying to get things fixed around the house and I’ve been working on getting my yard back in shape. I planted nearly 300 bulbs this week, weeded my rose beds, and chopped down two small trees that were growing into my house. I still need to mow my lawn but that looks like it will have to wait until this weekend.
My students and colleagues now expect weekly treats so I was hard pressed to get something baked. I always have brownie mix on hand. You never know when the craving might hit. I’ve been wanting to try an oreo-stuffed recipe so this was my chance.
These peppermint Oreo stuffed brownies start with Ghirardelli brownie mix. You can obviously substitute your own favorite brownie recipe if you prefer made from scratch. I put about 1/4 inch of brownie batter in 10 muffin cups, an Oreo, and then topped with the remaining batter.
I topped my peppermint Oreo stuffed brownies with white chocolate peppermint bark. You don’t have to do this if you’re in a hurry or short on supplies. I left a few plain to make sure and they’re quite good. You can also just make these in a 8 x 8″ pan if you like. Bake following the box directions for that size pan.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use half the batter to fill 10 of the muffin cups with batter (should be about 1/4 - 1/2 inch deep).
- Place one peppermint oreo in each muffin cup.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Let cool for about 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Put white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate just starts melting (mine took 40 seconds). Stir until completely melted.
- Put a spoonful on top of each brownie.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is provided as a guide only. Please consult a dietician for specific dietary needs.